Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar | Teen Ink

Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar

March 17, 2008
By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
1044 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Cecily von Ziegesar has written a series of books called Gossip Girl. Gossip Girl is about rich kids that live in New York City, and are living their lives on the edge. Blair is the main character of these stories. She is the one who loves to party, but lately all she is worried about is getting into Yale. Serena is the big partier. That's all she likes to do. She has just come home from Boarding School in Europe. Her and Blair used to be best friends, but they have parted from each other since Serena left. Blair has now become the queen bee girl that everyone wants to be like. But that all changes when Serena comes back.

Cecily von Ziegesar gets her ideas for writing these stories from writers. She is known as “Gossip Girl” and she gets letters and adds some things in to the stories she writes.

This book has a major plot. A lot of drama. Rich kids living a New York life style. The main characters are Blair, Serena, Jenny Humphreys, Nate, and Dan Humphreys. Jenny is the little innocent ninth grader who is at first obsessed with Blair until Serena gets back, then she moves on to her. Nate is Blairs boyfriend, and has been since they were little. Blair wants him to go to Yale with her, but he wants to continue building Sail Boats and sailing them up in Maine with his dad, and Dan is trying to figure out what he wants in life. He really doesn't know. He is also starting to like Serena, but she doesn't know that.

This book achieves a goal by showing you that all you really need is friends to always be there for you. These kids have gone through so much in these books.

The Gossip Girl books are really good. They are hard to put down once you start reading them. I really enjoy these books.


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.