Queen Bees & Wannabes by Rosalind Wiseman | Teen Ink

Queen Bees & Wannabes by Rosalind Wiseman

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

Rosalind Wiseman wrote a wonderful book called Queen Bees & Wannabes. This book is about how to survive cliques, gossip, and boyfriends throughout the adolescent age. The movie “Mean Girls” is based off the best seller. This book takes you through a normal day at middle school/high school and what it is has in store for you.

Wiseman is giving advice throughout the whole book on how to deal with cliques. In the book are many sketches of the hallways, lunchroom, and before and after school. The sketches consist of what group to sit with, where you belong and how to deal with others fighting for lunch spots. “Where you sit at lunch is very important.” Quotes Wiseman. The cliques are Varsity Jocks, JV Jocks, Cheerleaders, Geeks, Gangsters, Preps, Goths, and FREAKS!

Gossip is another “biggie”. There is probably one day out of the WHOLE year where no one will talk about you. I personally hate drama and gossip, but then there isn't anything to talk about. 

BOYS BOYS BOYS! Boys are a HUGE thing to deal with in middle school/ high school. Half the time I think they are the ones creating the drama. There is a section in the book about boys and how to deal with them.

This is a good book to read just to get ready for the new year at middle school/ high school. Queen Bees & Wannabes gave me a lot of advice to get ready for next year. I encourage you to read this book because if you don't, you will not be ready for high school!