Rules of the Road By Joan Bauer | Teen Ink

Rules of the Road By Joan Bauer

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

Lauren Myracle puts a fun twist in this novel, called TTYL. The whole book is written in all computer language. It is told through the lives of three 10th graders, who are best friends. It tells of the ups and downs of high school, driving, dating, and partying. The main purpose of this book is to entertain and teach you morals of growing up. One is not to drink, because it can make you do you things you will regret doing.

Lauren Myracle has experience in being a teenager and instant messaging. She knows what it is like and how difficult it is. This experience makes the story realistic.

The three main characters: Mad Maddie, Zoegirl, and Snow Angel, go through many ordinary things teenage girls go through from driver licenses to boys to knowing who your real friends are. All three girls go through many difficult situations that almost tear them apart. In the end, they stay friends and are ready for the next school year, where they expect all the drama and the many problems of their crazy teenage lives.

Over all, the book is a great book. It has a modern twist, making it appealing to young adults. From the beginning it hooks you into the story, and makes it hard to put down.