Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling | Teen Ink

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

Book Review
By: Shannon Cornett

Harry Potter Fantasies!!

In the series of Harry Potter J.K Rowling has made a great way to entertain students and adults! These books were written through the years of 2001-2008 in U.S.A. The publisher of these books were the Scholastic Press.

In the begging there was a boy whose parents sacrificed their lives for. His name is Harry James Potter(as known as “the boy who lived).
Now as a ordinary 11 year old his life turns into one big fantasy! He lived with his Aunt and Uncle but one day he got a letter from a wizard! This letter included “ Dear Harry Potter,
You are welcome to join our school of Hogwarts Witch Craft and Wiziadry”. Soon after Harry had learned that he was an enemy to the “Dark Lord” ( his real name Tom Marvlo Riddle) or as known as Lord Voldemort. Voldemort had tried to steal one of the precious gifts given to Hogwarts but Harry had defeated him in Harry Potter and the Sorcerers' Stone. The next year at Hogwarts Harry soon learns that there are secrets in a dungeon that is underneath a deserted bathroom. The secrets to as “ A home to a monster” but Harry had figured out these secrets and defeated Voldemort once again because even though he came has his 16 year old self he was still evil! That's not even the worst in Harry Potter and the Chamber Of Secrets. Harry goes to school in as a third year in Harry Potter and the Prisoner Of Azkaban. Sirius Black who is Harry's god father escapes from Azkaban and tries to warn Harry of the danger that will be in the near future. But the 4th year at Hogwarts for Harry is even worse Voldemort returns but nots as a different figure or person its as him own self in the flesh with his evil henchman known as the Death Eaters in the book Harry Potter and the Goblet Of fire. There is a tournament in this one and Harry gets ramdonly chosen to be in it because it was a plot to get near Lord Voldemort since he is now stronger and more powerful! But the 5th year (Harry Potter and the Order Of the Phoenix) Harry joins an army with all of his friends to help stop Voldemort from attacking once again. But their plan to practice spells to use against Voldemort is foiled when the students at Hogwarts get a new Headmistress. Dolores Umbridge is the new headmistress and wants all the foolishness to stop so she sets up all new rules for every child to follow! But those brave kids still go to the Ministry of Magic and fight for the prophecy! But its not until the end some one from Hogwarts fights Voldemort and its Proffessor Dumbledore ( the old head minister of Hogwarts) he re takes his spot back as head minister once he scares off Voldemort.
In year 6 Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Harry soons to figure out that he is not done fighting Voldemort!
Voldemorts evil minions help him fight away Dumbledore but you wouldn't believe that one of Dumbledores very trusted proffesors kill him in the end! I didn't believe that J.K Rowling would do that!
But the 7th year ( Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows ) is still to come but Im very glad that J.K Rowling gave me and every one else favors fantasy stories a chance to read these mysterious and adventours books! Even though I haven't any close family members die or any thing that has happen to Harry! These books relate to other fantasy books by I think having better story and plot lines. So over all I like this series better than any other fantasy series!