Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause | Teen Ink

Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

As I wandered through the multiple shelves in Barnes and Noble, a certain book caught my eye. Blood and Chocolate was the title written on the book's spine. I picked it up and looked it over. It was like love at first sight! I started reading it immediately. I was hooked!

If you're looking for a good book, look no further. Blood and Chocolate is by far the best book I've ever read. It's packed with a series of events that will keep you wanting more, even when the book is finished! Blood and Chocolate was made into a movie in early 2007. I really didn't think of it as a “must see” on my movie list. It really didn't look that good on the previews. It looked like it had no real plot or purpose. But I didn't let that stop me from reading the book. But you should never judge a book by the movie. You will never get as much enjoyment or description out of a movie than you will out of a book.

Annette Curtis Klause brings together two worlds in one amazing book. Vivian Gandillon is a 16 year old loup- garou, or werewolf, living in Maryland. She deals with the same teenage drama: boys, friends, her mom. But at home, with the pack, things aren't as well as she would hope. The pack is leaderless, her father is dead, and many problems are still arising. But she is able to escape all of her troubles by going through the change. The relief that carries her from girl to wolf, helping her erase her worries.
Then she meets Aiden, a meat-boy. He is sensitive, kind, and has an unusual fascination with magic. She falls in love and desperately longs to reveal herself to him. She feels he would understand better than anyone about her double life. The more she gets to know him, the more she believes he will accept her.

But various murders threaten to expose the pack and endanger all of its members. She isn't sure about her feelings, but she longs to find her true place. She wants to know, is she human or beast? What tastes sweeter? Blood or chocolate? Where does her loyalty lie?