Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling | Teen Ink

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling

March 10, 2008
By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
1044 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to live in a whole different world? Say for instance a magical world? Well by reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling you enter this magical world full of wizards, witches, giants, and other interesting things!
This book is first of many. In the Sorcerer's Stone, 11-year-old Harry Potter finds out that he's a wizard. Hagrid, the giant that tells him that he is a wizard, explains that his parents were great wizards but got murdered by an evil wizard named Voldemort. Harry lives with his only family that he has left, the Dursleys. The Dursleys told him that his parents died in a car crash. They wanted him not to know about his parents being wizards. Hagrid gives Harry this envelope telling him that he got accepted to this wizarding school called Hogwarts. At Hogwarts Harry gets two good friends named Ron Weasly and Hermione Granger. The three friends find themselves in this adventure that will make you feel as though you're in the book.
This book is really good and a great series. The author really makes you believe that you are in the book. Also, the Harry Potter books are movies too. In my opinion the books are better because they have more details.
This book is full of action and is mysterious. Anyone that likes books that you can't stop reading I recommend this book.