The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Although The Little Prince is classified as a children's book, it should be required reading for every grownup – those who, according to the author, are blinded by time and numbers and cannot recognize that a drawing of an elephant inside a boa constrictor is obviously not a drawing of a hat!

In no more than 80 pages, The Little Prince teaches us how to live a meaningful life. The little prince persistently asks questions, never answering any, but the marooned pilot who befriends him in the remote desert manages to put together the prince's magical story.

The little prince comes from a planet the size of a house. There he owned three volcanoes and a beautiful red rose that, with its vanity and pushiness, made the prince leave his home. On his journey, the innocent prince meets a lonely king and a greedy businessman and finally arrives on Earth, where countless beautiful truths about humanity are revealed. For example, the little prince discovers that his rose is different from all others because he loves it for itself. He learns the “secret of life” from a wise fox: what is most important in life, like love, is invisible.

With each page it is as if you are peeling away, layer by layer, the mistaken priorities we all have in life. This poignant book could be read a thousand times, for all ages and for ages to come, and the story would still be as magical and true. After reading it you will never look at the stars the same way again.

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
We read this book in Spanish class---El Principito. It was sweet~ The little prince character was a good one.

nathanielmcd said...
Aug. 30, 2011 at 10:09 am
I didn't think anyone else had read this, thank you for helpingothers discover this wonderful book!

StarShot said...
I read this book a while ago and thought it was great. Your reveiw stayed true to the book and it's meaning, great job.

WritingJulia This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I saw the movie in French and thought it was horrible.  I was very bored.  Great review though!

sithukorale This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks for the comment!