Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling | Teen Ink

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling

By Adi12345 PLATINUM, Monmouth Junction, New Jersey
Adi12345 PLATINUM, Monmouth Junction, New Jersey

If you have ever read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, you will know what I mean when I say you simply cannot put the book down until you read every single word. In other words, this book has a superb, superb plot. The book starts of when Lord Voldemort, the most powerful Dark wizard of the time, murders Harry Potter’s parents, who are also wizards. However, he failed to kill Harry Potter, who was just a baby, and the killing spell rebounded upon himself. Thus, he got stripped off his body. Therefore, Dumbledore, who is in charge of Hogwarts, a school for magic, places Harry Potter in the care of his aunt and uncle. Unfortunately, there was nothing Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia hated more than magic. While they overfed their son and gave him over 30 presents for his birthday, Harry didn’t have a birthday party for ten years, and was poorly fed with a cupboard filled with spiders for a room. Finally, that changed when he was invited to Hogwarts. His guardians kept destroying his invitations.
Finally, a giant (if you read on in the series, you will find out that he is really a half-giant) comes and argues with his aunt and uncle. They, who were easily overpowered, left the giant with Harry. The giant, a friend of Harry’s parents, brought him into the magical world. But wait! This is where the story begins. In Hogwarts, Harry befriends Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger, and made enemies, such as his potions master, Professor Snape. With greasy black hair and a hooked nose, Snape was biased against Harry because he (Snape) and Harry’s father were bitter enemies. Harry Potter learns how to play Quidditch, a sport in the wizarding world played on a broomstick, and made the Gryffindor team, even winning several games for his team. Soon, Harry realizes about the Sorcerer’s Stone (which students aren’t supposed to know about). He realized someone was about to steal the Stone, and suspected Snape. Therefore, Harry and his friends set out to save the stone, which could bring people back to a body (Voldemort) and create gold. After Harry and his friends went through several security obstacles, Ron and Hermione went back to alert Dumbledore. Potter, who goes forward to save the stone, realizes Professor Quirell, not Snape, was trying to steal the stone to bring Voldemort back. Luckily, Harry is able to hold him off long
This book is highly recommended. It is filled with irony, adventure, and twists. Everything one would think is impossible is brought into reality in this book. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone has a great sense of adventure and mystery. In fact, it is so realistic, it will guaranteed make you wonder whether there were any secret passages to a magical world in your hometown! Once you read this book, your opinions about magic will have changed unimaginably.