Carlyles (Gossip Girl, The Carlyles Series #1) | Teen Ink

Carlyles (Gossip Girl, The Carlyles Series #1)

June 22, 2008
By Anonymous

With the entire craze about the Gossip Girl TV show going on, many of us have forgotten where it all began on the pages of Cecily Von Ziegesar’s Gossip Girl series.

For avid readers of the series last year was unforgettable; the final book featuring our beloved Blair and Serena was given to us. For many it was a heart breaking experience knowing that the characters in the books that we loved to engulf our lives into were gone. Even with the prequel that came out in the fall there was still a void that couldn’t be filled; a Blair and Serena fix of their new adventurers was needed for most, not a telling of their past.

Cecily Von Ziegesar though did not give us our old characters back instead she gave us more. She introduced us into the lives of Owen, Baby, and Avery better know as The Carlyle Triplets in Gossip Girl, The Carlyles Series.
At first when I picked up the book I was furious and skeptical I kept hoping for S’s name to appear or to hear about one of B’s ridiculous schemes. But as I continued to read I found it to be just as addictive and scandalous as the original Gossip Girl books.
This series follows the triplet’s move from Nantucket to a posh penthouse in a prime Manhattan location where they waste no time establishing themselves as the ultimate “triple threat”.
They cause the St. Jude's boys and Constance Billiard girls to put up a fight for their designer satchels and their boyfriends and girlfriends on the concrete playground of Fifth Avenue.
This book is interesting and a change of pace it defiantly deserves 5 out of 5 glamorous stars. And like In the closing words of Gossip Girl you know you love me and this book you’ll definitely love too.