Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale

When you ever need a new world to dive into, pick up and read Shannon Hale's Book of a Thousand Days. Book of a Thousand Days makes the reader feel the way the character feels and gives the experience to understand the life in medival Mongolia.
When I read this book, I felt fresh. I thought that the story was very well thought through and written. I don't think I ever read a book so cleverly planned as Book of a Thousand Days.
Book of a Thuosand Days is about a lady's maid, Dashti, serving Lady Saren through perhaps the hardest condition a lady's maid could ever serve in. I was awed at Dashti's courage and wit. I liked how the author rewrote the little-known Brothers Grimm story, "Maid Maleen", to create her own version of the fairy tale. I highly recommend this story to all readers, especially girls, to read and plunge into Hale's wonderful story of a maid and her lady.

mudpuppy said...
Jan. 3, 2011 at 8:48 am
Yes, 'Maid Maleen' is an interesting fairytale. I think I want to add this book to my 'must read' list, because I love fairytale retellings.