Changes by Jim Butcher

Changes is the twelfth book in the Dresden Files series. And quite frankly, it was amazing. Jim Butcher is an amazing author with amazing novels. His style leaves you wanting more.

Changes was one of the most surprising novels in the Dresden Files. This novel follows the main character of the series, Harry Dresden, as his lost love, Susan, is brought back into the story. Honestly, this was quite surprising. Especially when Harry learns that he has a daughter, one that Susan has been hiding from him. And one of the vampire courts, that happen to hate Harry, gets wind of this. So who better to use as a hostage, or maybe a sacrifice in a ritual that'll kill Harry and what little family he has?

Jim Butcher spins a magnificent tale in Changes, throwing in secrets and surprises that no one will expect. That's what makes Changes likeable, though. You never know what happens next. And everything finally falls into place. It's impossible to not like this book. The only thing to hate is that you have to wait for the next book to come out. (Ghost Story. available July 26, 2011)