Treasures by Nora Roberts | Teen Ink

Treasures by Nora Roberts

Although I have not been a fan of mystery novels. Nora Roberts has captivated my mind and dreams with her tales of witches and futuristic story plots. One story in particular that has plucked me up out of modern day suburban life and dropped me into an intense quirky murder mystery is Roberts’s novel, “Secret Star”. This novel is the first to come in a duo book called “Treasures”. The abundant use of details and flavor is what send realist vibes through my fingertips with every page I turn. When putting this book down, I get the urge to pick it up again so my imagination can guess what might happen next.
Lieutenant Seth Buchanan is a well know homicide investigator whose reputation is rough and blunt. When on the scene of his new case he finds the wealthy heiress, Grace Fountain murdered, and her multi-million dollar home left ransacked. Grace had the reputation of being stuck up and absorbed by her wealth and beauty. Lieutenant Buchanan is in for a surprise when Ms. Fountain reveals herself to be alive, not dead. Seth learns that the stereotypical character Grace is made out to be is very much misunderstood. In her possession is the “Blue Diamond” know as, “The Stars of Mitchra”, coveted by those who would wish to use its powers for evil.
From the grotesque and harsh crime scenes, to the emotional, yet simply beautiful connections that are painted with vivid words, this novel captivates the soul. The cold and somber atmosphere at the beginning of the story and the vibe of the city life truly sets the stage for a disturbing plot. While Grace is being chased for her diamond, she ends up crossing paths with the Lieutenant on several occasions. The Lieutenant is a very consistent man who never lets anything, or anyone get in the way of his work. His attraction to Grace with her seductive eyes and sultry looks, make Seth’s job extremely challenging. It became an extensive challenge trying to solve the mystery. Although Lieutenant Buchanan soon comes to find that the great mystery is Grace herself.
If your one who likes predictable love stories with cute little perks, then I’m sorry but this book is not for you. If you’re the type that likes evil, mystic thrillers and cant stand the color pink, then this book is also not for you. However, if you are the person that enjoys a little of both, then I completely recommend this novel. It’s an entertaining mixture of both worlds.