Kitchen Privileges: book review | Teen Ink

Kitchen Privileges: book review

By cheyenna@elkview BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia
cheyenna@elkview BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia

Kitchen Privileges. Clark, Mary Higgins. New York: Simon & Schuster, 2002. 207 pages.

Kitchen Privileges is told in a first person point of view by Mary Higgins Clark. This book was a little mood swinging between sad and happy. In the book there were some deaths. Mary lost her father, brother, and first husband. Then there were some happy times like when she got her little brother and when she gets married. The setting of this book was back in Bronx, New York in the year of 1923 to 1996.
Mary told about her life growing up as a child and shared the memories she still has. Mary had a hard life compared to what we have today. She had faced many of challenges as she was growing up. In my opinion, Kitchen Privileges is one of the best biographies I have ever read.
I would recommend this book for anyone from teens to adults. I believe that this book sends out a message that if you ever have a hard challenge don’t just give up keep on trying and you will succeed. Then with all of the deaths that is in this book it will make you think about how lucky we are and to be thankful for what we have.
Mary had struggled through life growing up. All of her loved ones that she has lost growing up as a child. Overall I think that the message that she was trying to send was if the going gets don’t give up just keep trying and you will succeed.