Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan | Teen Ink

Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

June 2, 2011
By shanequs BRONZE, Bowie, Maryland
shanequs BRONZE, Bowie, Maryland
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Dont put off tomorrow for what you can do today


The book “Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief” is a spectacular book. This story is about young Percy Jackson who has lately been seeing mythological monsters and the gods of Mount Olympus literally walked out of the pages of his textbook and into his life.
Here’s the problem, Zeus’ lightning bolt has been stolen and Percy is the prime suspect. It’s up to Percy and his friends who only have 10 days to return Zeus’ stolen bolt and bring peace to Mount Olympus or it would be utter destruction to the Earth. Other than catching this thief, he has to make pact with his father who abandoned him when he was just a baby, solve the riddle of the Oracle who warns him of betrayal by a friend and unravel a treachery more powerful than the gods themselves. In my opinion this book deserves 10 out of 10! It actually taught me about some Greek gods I never heard about like Dionysus the god of wine and Hermes the messenger god. This is a great book for those who would like to learn about Greek Mythology.