Don't Blink by James Patterson and Howard Roughan | Teen Ink

Don't Blink by James Patterson and Howard Roughan

By Kyle Borah BRONZE, St. Louis, Missouri
Kyle Borah BRONZE, St. Louis, Missouri

Nick Daniels, a magazine reporter, is interviewing an infamous baseball star at the legendary “Lombardo’s Steakhouse” when a horrific murder occurs at the table beside them. unbeknownst to Nick however, his digital voice recorder catches the killer’s Italian-accented words. Despite the presents of two off duty NYPD police officers, who had guns, the killer manages to escape by also killing the two officers and injuring four others. Nick decides to investigate why the man was murdered that day despite the warnings to stay out of it. Ignorantly, Nick steps into a web of Italian and Russian mod violence—trying to not only protect himself and his love interest, but his sister and his blind niece as well--. To quote from the book, “Hold on, because this is going to be one hairy ride.” And that is the dead on truth. The suspense builds and builds until you can not take it anymore. You want to read the book so fast and get to the last page so fast, that before you know it, you are there and all the suspense culminates into one big spectacular ending. Enjoy :D