Mark Twain by Susan b. Aller | Teen Ink

Mark Twain by Susan b. Aller

By sokkerdude18 BRONZE, Elkview, West Virginia
sokkerdude18 BRONZE, Elkview, West Virginia

Mark Twain. Aller, B. Susan. Minneapolis: Lerner Publications Company, 2001. 101 pages.

The book Mark Twain is very interesting person. It has many interesting facts about him. You would like this book if you like to know about people. I liked the way the author Susan B. Aller wrote this book. He had lots of good memories, but at the same time he had the worst of memories.

Mark Twain was not always Mark Twain. At first his name was Sam Clemens. He worked at a newspaper company called Missouri Courier. They moved to Florida in the summer of 1835. His parents had a baby on November 30. Then another when he was two and a half and named it Henry. His family was always poor and barley surviving. Sam lost his sister at age nine and his brother at age ten from sudden fever. Their family struggled with grief from the lost of the two.

Sometimes he would have nightmares and his parents would find him in a corner crying about them. Most of the time he would watch the interesting steamboats and imagine of him being the captain of the boat. He would record everything in his journal that he kept with him. He loved to read and he studied German. Sam wrote a lot of books one of them was Orion in October.

Mark Twain was known as the bestselling author. William, his friend, asked him to write an article in his newspaper most of the time. Mark Twain died on April 21, 1910. After he died Halley’s comet had just passed. Overall I liked this book because it was full with facts and was very interesting.