The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls | Teen Ink

The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls

The Glass Castle. Walls, Jeannett. New York: Scriber, 2005. 288 pages.

The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls is a memoir about a bright young girl’s life. Jeannette has to face many challenges and has very few privileges. As a child with not much, she grows up to be successful.
Having a poor family with no solid home or school is difficult. Jeannette explains what it is like growing up with a dad that is always drunk and a mom whose main concern is herself. With things happening to her you would not believe and only having her siblings to really depend on, Jeannette makes something great out of herself.
After reading this book, you really start appreciating what you have. You will no longer take things for granted because you realize someone else would love to have that hot dog that you are complaining about for dinner, or that pair of jeans you refuse to wear because a friend didn’t like them. It really shows you the true value of things. The Glass Castle is also a book that teaches you to never give up. If you try hard enough and do what needs to be done, you can make it. This book proves that.
The Glass Castle is a great memoir about a unique family. This book always keeps you on your toes wanting to know what happens next. I would recommend this book to anyone that enjoys reading.

on Jul. 24 2012 at 7:58 pm
AaronSan BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
Very unique, I like the details of this review. I think this is a little too short but very good.