Tupac Resurrection by Jacob Hoye | Teen Ink

Tupac Resurrection by Jacob Hoye

May 26, 2011
By Austin Springston BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia
Austin Springston BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Tupac Resurrection. Hoye,Jacob with Karolyn Ali. New York: Atria Books, 2003. 256.

Tupac Resurrection is a book about the famous rapper Tupac. It goes inside a life of a kid that grew up as nothing and became something huge. The book spoke about how his mom was a black panther. She was fighting to get the same treatment the white people were. His mom was in prison when she was eight months pregnant with Tupac Amaru Shakur.
He grew up as a loaner sitting in his room writing poetry and songs. He said that he felt as his mom loved him but was too busy with the Black Panther stuff to actually show it. He also grew up with no male figure to look upon, so he considers his self a very feminine person. But at the other end he also said he thinks he’s one of the hardest people around. Later on in life he had a stepfather. He said that his father loved him but didn’t show it. The only thing he did was sell drugs and give Tupac money.
Tupac was put in prison for being charged with rape in 1993. He said that it wasn’t him but he was put in prison for years. He said prison is like a living hell. He said when he first got there the guards said very harsh things to him. He said that being locked up 23 out of 24 hours around the clock just sucks the life out of you. He didn’t write the whole time he was in prison.
When he first got out of prison he went straight to the studio and made his hit album Me against the world. He said that he was excited to be out of jail and back in the studio where he belongs. But soon after his life comes to a stand still that will keep you thinking. I recommend this book to people that is interest in the life of Tupac Shakur.