The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan | Teen Ink

The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

May 25, 2011
By Anonymous

The Sea of Monsters
 
 
The Sea of Monsters is a national best seller written by Rick Riordan, the author of The Lightning Thief and the other books in the Percy Jackson series. This great book is adventurous and mysterious. It is hard to put down so make sure you have plenty of time.
         
          In The Sea of Monsters, 13 year-old Percy Jackson looks forward to finishing his school year and attending another summer at the Camp Half-Blood, a camp for demi-gods. Poison threatens the camp’s borders and Percy, along with his fellow demi-god Annabeth and half-brother Tyson, a cyclops, go on a quest to save the camp and their friend Grover the satyr from a Cyclops’s island in a sea of monsters. On the way, they meet other people and sail to dangerous islands. You may not want to read this book without reading the first book in the series, The Lightning Thief. I would connect this book to the first book in the series, The Lightning Thief. They both have three friends going on a dangerous quest, but in the first book they go to a totally different place then in the second.
 
          I recommend that ages 10-15 read this book, but 9 year-olds might want to read it too. I don`t recommend you reading this book to 8 year-olds or younger. I recommend you read this book if you like Greek myth monsters and other Greek myths. I think you should stop what you’re doing, pick it up or buy this book, and read it until you can`t handle anymore. When you read this book watch out for big surprises.