Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

By Hunter Cochran BRONZE, Gastonia, North Carolina
Hunter Cochran BRONZE, Gastonia, North Carolina

Mockingjay Book Review
Collins, Suzanne. Mockingjay. Scholastic Press, 2010. 978-0-439-02351-1. $7.98

Grade Level: High School. “Mockingjay” is a great tale of rebellion. Collins uses great dialogue throughout the whole story. She gets every point across for each character quickly. She also makes Katniss sound very macho but very sensitive which is a good combination. Katniss Everdeen, the girl on fire, has turned her spark into a blazing fire. “Mockingjay” mostly takes place in district thirteen. When they get into the Capitol it gets really rough but the group got through it. Katniss is seeking revenge against President Snow. Snow destroyed Katniss’ home, and now she wants to kill him. Does Katniss live or does she die? Find out by reading the last book of the Hunger Games series, “Mockingjay”. The reason that I like this book is because it fits right in with the rest of the series. I also like it because it catches you right at the beginning and you don’t even want to put the book down. This is the best book of the series, and I think that everyone should read the series. I love this book; this book is the best book that I have ever read in my entire life. Suzanne Collins has another series out too, Gregor the Overlander which includes five books. Collins is a great writer and she’s only 41. I hope that you read and enjoy “Mockingjay” like I did.