Skinny Dipping by Melissa de la Cruz | Teen Ink

Skinny Dipping by Melissa de la Cruz

May 25, 2011
By jcastaneda9 BRONZE, Gastonia, North Carolina
jcastaneda9 BRONZE, Gastonia, North Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Grade Level: High School. “Sun- Kissed” is a continuation of the series the “Au Pairs” and succeeds the second book entitled, “Skinny Dipping.” “Sun- Kissed” contains the new adventures that unfold for the three girls at the Hamptons for their third consecutive summer. Eliza, Mara, and Jacqui have changed dramatically compared to the way they were last summer and have officially graduated from high school. In this novel, Melissa de la Cruz, manages to give the reader a depicted description of the life of each character. The girls learn that life is not the same when you have goals set for your future. They realize that it is difficult to manage jobs, school, and boyfriends at the same time. Mara is no longer the shy girl and is very focused on her new job along with her new boyfriend. Jacqui is now riding solo and is serious about her school work. Eliza is having difficulties facing reality and is at risk of losing everything. This teen read is a very interesting continuation of the series due to the fact that unexpected problems seem to occur. Melissa de la Cruz uses a lot of romance in this novel as well as many new adventures. I highly enjoyed every minute of this book! I would definitely recommend this book to any person, especially to the ones who enjoy fun and easy reads. This book will give you that wow factor and keep you reading till the end.


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.