The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe by J. Randy Taraborrelli | Teen Ink

The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe by J. Randy Taraborrelli

May 26, 2011
By KirstenLovesYou BRONZE, West Virginia
KirstenLovesYou BRONZE, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe. J. Randy Taraborrelli. Boston, New York: Grand Central Publishing, 2009. 559 pages.
In the book The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe by J. Randy Taraborelli, it tells about the trivia you didn’t know about Marilyn. The author gives factual information and provides vivid pictures. J. Randy describes every event in Marilyn’s life, not leaving a detail out of place. He starts off talking about Marilyn’s foster mother Ida, and how Marilyn had a rocky life to begin with, not to mention her later years of fame. Many secrets will be revealed in this book about Norma Jeane Mortensen.
The book mainly takes place where Marilyn grew up. It follows her footsteps, and everything that falls into place in her life. It mainly talks about her family and their stability. All of her life issues are shared. The backround tone to this story would be tragic.
Marilyn Monroe was judged her whole life. She was very successful, and she was loved by many, but also hated by some. Growing up in a poor family, Marilyn was determined to make a good life for herself. She made an iconic symbol of beauty with flashy outfits, costume jewelry, red lips, and curled blonde hair. Her quotes are also very inspirational like “imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”
All in all, The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe was an excellent book. J. Randy Taraborrelli did accomplish his goal by revealing Marilyn’s life secrets. It is quite a large book, but does include enormous quantities of information. This book does reach out to a lot of young ladies about troubles lives. It encourages you to follow your dreams and strive for great success. I would recommend this touching book to anyone interested.