Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

May 13, 2011
By ToriT1996 BRONZE, San Antonio, Texas
ToriT1996 BRONZE, San Antonio, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I actually like to read but because of recommendations before reading this book , I wasn't really excited about reading "The Hunger Games". But after reading it I would highly recommend it to anyone.
The novel setting is set in District 12, in the future continent of North America, then known as Panem. The story is about a 16 year old girl named Katniss Everdeen .
She has to fight the biggest battle of her life and hope to win so she can see her family again . She has alot of obstacles and 23 other tributes to triumph over , in in this story... the expected is ALWAYS expected.
It was easy to connect to this novel and the main character because i would and have had to fight for my family. It taught me that fighting for what i put all my faith into will always be the right thing to do and to always put my risk up so I won't ever wonder "what if?" .
This book is now one of my favorite books. It shows love, trust, and friendship with an adventurous edge. It showed me just how far loyalty can go in a situation like that. Overall , I would recommend this book to anyone , no matter if they like to read or not, because it is an amazing read :)