The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

May 9, 2011
By Madiiii BRONZE, Elkins, West Virginia
Madiiii BRONZE, Elkins, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Hunger Games














Author: Suzanne Collins

Do you think you could kill twenty-three other people, just to stay alive? And if killing wasn’t the hardest part, imagine being in an arena, were the elements are against you, being broadcasted on live T.V. and every eye is guaranteed to be watching. Good thing you don’t have to even think about doing that. But, what if you didn’t have a choice in the matter?
The book The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins is set in an unknown time in the far future. The world from the writer’s perspective is ruled by the Capitol. And rich city that has everything handed to them. The rest of the people from the other 12 districts are segregated and away from the Capitol. Life in the districts is hard; everyone has to work, just to stay alive.

To make things even more difficult, every year the Hunger Games is held. Every district has to sacrifice two of its children by lottery. The unlucky children are dumped into the massive arena that is riddled with traps, and dangers. And in the middle a heap of weapons and food, that could very-well mean life or death. The last person alive will be granted a life of luxury, and fame. But, everything you have to do to stay alive is broadcasted on live television.

One of the main things I liked about this book was that once you started reading it, you could actually picture what was going on. The writer had such great detail. I quickly got lost in the hunger games, living in the arena, hearing the people talking, feeling the sense of danger, and even sorrow when tiny Rue died. I hope they make movies from the books. I recommend this for anyone who enjoys suspenseful books. Once you start, you can’t get enough of The Hunger Games.