Phantoms by Dean Koontz | Teen Ink

Phantoms by Dean Koontz

April 20, 2011
By Anonymous

I strongly recommend Phantoms for anyone who enjoys a horror book.

Dean Koontz takes us into the lives of sisters Jenny and Lisa(forgot their last name) who barely know each other because Lisa was born while Jenny was in college, who are going to live in Snowfield after their mother passes. There they, and later a neighboring town's officers, find all the residents are either dead or missing. The bodies are found in a state that does not confirm with any cause of death Jenny's seen(she is a doctor). Soon strange and odd things start to happen and impossible deaths, such as a character having his face and all the blood in his body sucked out by a giant moth, start to happen and the character find themselves asking more question then getting answers, and the rest I'll let you find out.

Be warned the book was written in the early 1980s so some of the dialogue might seem a little stiff or forced and that might also be because you can tell at times this is one of Koontz's early books, but stick with it you will not be disappointed.He tells us the events in a way that captives you, and it gets better with each chapter. It will make you scared to turn off the lights to go to bed and you find yourself unable to put it down.