Vive La Paris by Esme Raji Codell | Teen Ink

Vive La Paris by Esme Raji Codell

4-14-11
ELA 8 Period: 5

Book Review 5/Social Issues/ Choice C

I read the book Vive La Paris. This book was written by Esme Raji Codell, who also wrote the book Educating Esme. The genre of this book is social issues genre. The copyright date of this book is 2006.

I would recommend this book to middle school students. This book is not only enjoyable to read, but it also helps you understand important events related to America and its history in the past. I think this book taught important information about people’s beliefs and religions. I would especially recommend this story to girls, or anyone who is Jewish. Also, if you are not Jewish, it helps explain a little more about what being Jewish means. In the book it tells you that millions of Jews were killed by Hitler in the holocaust. It also explains the horror Jews faced by the Nazi’s.

This book provided information about the Nazi’s, Anne Frank, and the Jewish star that states “Juif” on it. This book is also a great universal story. It can give many people advice about bullies and other problems in their lives. This book can really benefit middle school students because bullies are pretty popular in many schools and kids need to learn how to deal with them. Also, it helps you understand some key ideas of how to be a good sibling, as well as a good person. Finally, it teaches you how to hold on hope when the world is more than you can handle. In conclusion, I would recommend this book to middle school students because it was an enjoyable and informational book to read.
www.teenink.com