The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

"You are young, and your bitter memories have time to change into sweet ones."

This sentence alone can describe the brilliance of Alexandre Dumas' classic, The Three Musketeers. From the moment I began reading, it immediately pulled me in; my nose was literally inside the pages. The realism of it all along with the intrigue captures my heart and makes me think and think about the book long after I have put it down. A surely recommended piece.

It starts off introducing us to our young hero, d'Artagnan. He is traveling to Paris with high hopes of joining the musketeers, a group highly favored by the King. He meets up with Athos, Porthos, and Aramis. Proving he has a heart of a musketeers, he and his new friends must do everything it takes to destroy the plans of the Cardinal.

This book truly deserves the high position it is in. It will make you laugh, cry, gasp, and get angry. Beautifully written. Characters you can't get enough of. It's a story of deep friendship, revenge, love. All ages would enjoy it. I'm typically not an adventure fan, but this book is the only exception. The plot is built up nicely, the ending touches your heart. It's an amazing book. Once you've finished it, it would feel like you've lost a friend. A dear one you've known all your life. Now, it holds a special place in my heart where I'll always cherish and appreciate this book. It left me breathless.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

ApolloSilver said...
The entire series are all time classics!