Nothing But The Truth by Avi | Teen Ink

Nothing But The Truth by Avi

Nothing But The Truth is a book about honesty, twisting the truth and confidence.
In Nothing But The Truth, 9th grader Phil gets into trouble with English teacher Ms. Margret Narwin for something Phil thinks is unjust. He gets suspended by Ms. Narwin because she thinks that what he was doing was “causing a disturbance.”This story travels to the newspapers, tabloid magazines, radio and T.V, and when traveling, the story gets bigger and bigger.
In the beginning of the book, Avi writes: “I will tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.” The book revolves around this concept throughout the entire book, with Avi weaving in references through the course of the book.
Nothing But The Truth is written like a documentary. Instead of using narrative writing, Avi uses diary entries, telephone conversations, email and letter correspondences, and in place of dialogue, there is a script format. This is why it’s called a “documentary novel.”
Nothing But The Truth is a book that is well worth the read. You will not want to put it down!

me 2, i thought it was a terrible book w/ a sadish ending. never will willingly read again

i totally agree. it ended so suddenly and i just felt depressed the entire day. 

kkKKK said...
I think they should have added more after he is send to another school and doesn't know the words to the Anthem. It would be interesting to know how his parents felt, when they where supporting him the whole time. And Miss Narwin leaving the school. How would Ted Griffen feel?