The Pact by Jodi Picoult | Teen Ink

The Pact by Jodi Picoult

March 30, 2011
By KaylieVezina1 BRONZE, South Portland, Maine
KaylieVezina1 BRONZE, South Portland, Maine
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Recently I read a very good book. It was called
The Pact, it was written by Jodi Picoult. This book along with the rest of her fantastic books are murder mystery/crime books. Which I think is very good. If you think so too, read on:
This book was quite good. It never got dull, and was not predictable at all. A lot of books written by the same author about the same subject matter are often quite predictable, but I find that Jodi Picoult’s books are all quite different. I was never able to put this book down once I got reading, there was never a dull moment!
If you want to go on an emotional rollercoaster this book is definitely good for you! It deals with so many different emotions throughout the book. You can feel the character’s emotions, like Chris’ love and passion for Emily and vice versa. The characters are relatable, they’re teenagers who are in love. Most teenagers do feel as though they are in love at one point or another. The author’s voice also carries well through the characters. It’s wonderful.
This book is a mystery/romance. It is very romantic because of the love that Chris and Emily share. It is a mystery because of Emily’s death, and what happens after that. Chris continues to love her after her death. They shared something deep and special. Something that words couldn’t describe. That is why I think it was a romance.
In conclusion, I think you should read this book if you like mystery, murder and romance! A good read!