The Thief and The Beanstalk by P.W Catanese | Teen Ink

The Thief and The Beanstalk by P.W Catanese

By Sieberia BRONZE, Middletown, New York
Sieberia BRONZE, Middletown, New York

Literacy

The Thief and The Beanstalk is a great book, written by P.W Catanese. I recommend this book to anyone who likes folktales and adventure. The book has a link between the old folktale Jack and The Beanstalk and Medieval times.
I read this book a long time ago and it was probably the best chapter book I read so far. [Too bad I never finished it, I was getting to the good parts.] There is a different version of the book called The Thief and The Beanstalk The New Beginnings. I only read the first book of the series. P.W Catanese is a great author, I recommend reading one of the two books or maybe even both if you like the first one.
I would rate this book it would be a 4/5. I like how it crosses between a child’s book Jack and the Beanstalk and Medieval times. Personally I love this book. All though this book is fictional it gives you a feeling of actually being there.
A young boy named Jack gets entangled with a gang with a leader named Finch, who has a horrible criminal past. The gang sometimes sit around a camp fire and rob people. Finch, the gang, and Jack play important roles in the story.