My fathers son by Terri Fields | Teen Ink

My fathers son by Terri Fields

By kholtz93 BRONZE, Vancouver, Washington
kholtz93 BRONZE, Vancouver, Washington

My Father’s Son by Terri Fields, is a book that you won’t be able to put down if you tried. The main character, Kevin Windor is a normal high school student who comes home from school one day, and turns on the TV to find out that his father is being accused of being the long awaited to be caught mass serial killer named the DB25 who killed a lot of women in not only the town they lived in, but the surrounding states as well. Kevin is extremely shook up after this and doesn’t necessarily know how to feel. He doesn’t want to believe that his dad would do this, but then he tries to go see his father in prison and he wants nothing to do with him. The confused Kevin turns to anger and lets his frustration out. He completely changes and doesn’t know what to believe, but with his father not talking to him he has no other choice than to believe society. Not only that, but everyone in his school, including his friends and the girl that he was about to date, turn their back on him just liked everyone else. His mother doesn’t want to talk about it, so he is completely lonely, scared and doesn’t know where to turn. Until the story twists…