The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald | Teen Ink

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

March 13, 2011
By Kim123 BRONZE, Gainesville, Florida
Kim123 BRONZE, Gainesville, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Great Gatsby takes place in the 1920’s one of my favorite decades from the past. F. Scott Fitzgerald brings to life the life of a wealthy Jay Gatsby and his everlasting love for Daisy Buchanan. Jay Gatsby still had so much love for Daisy after so many years of being away from her it was sweet. Their love lasts five long years even after Daisy gets married to Tom Buchanan who throughout the book is having an affair with Myrtle Wilson. While reading this book you get hooked on the love Daisy and Jay share. When Gatsby dies in the end you too feel a sense of sorrow that Nick Carraway feels.

I liked this book a lot more than most books written before my time. F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote his books really well and in terms you could understand. This book would be good for anybody who loves to read books. I’d recommend this book to a friend. My friends love to read as much as I do and The Great Gatsby sure is a good read. There is a timeless quality about this book that just makes it great to read even after so many years of it being published. If you love books with a sentimental love story along with a twist then this book is for you.