Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury | Teen Ink

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

March 9, 2011
By George101410 BRONZE, Newberry, Florida
George101410 BRONZE, Newberry, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The book Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (born August 22,1920) is a well written, interesting, and good book. Bradbury uses serious, concerned, and suspenseful tones to create this page turner.
This sci-fi, futuristic classic is set in a society where people are lazy, books are illegal, firemen start fires, and technology has brain-washed almost everyone. This book will take you through the life of Guy Montag, a fireman. First he meets a young girl who has a unique view of life. Also, guy meets a women who stays in her house to burn with her books. Guy talks with her, trying to convince her to save her self. The encounter with this woman intrigues Guy with books even more. He could lead himself into trouble, or trouble could come to him.
This book is very interesting to me because it takes the reader to a realistic, futuristic world of today. The technology has already brought 3-D televisions into homes, and iPods, MP3 players, and portable radios are much like the shell radios depicted in the book. After all these years, this book still gives insight to the future of how technology is improving, controlling, and limiting people and the world today.