The House On Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros | Teen Ink

The House On Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros

By @OGchris_ SILVER, Phx, Arizona
@OGchris_ SILVER, Phx, Arizona

"Lord Please, Devor All My Enemies , That was Pac Talkin"

In the book, The House on Mango Street, Espeanza is the main character and she talks about her life in a period of one year. The various stories she tells are all very important to her. She struggles wit some problems but soon learns what to do. She has to stay strong and use what she knows in order to get through her life.

When Esperanza’s problems start to occur, she has something happen to her that no teen should go through. Much of her life such as her emotions, sexual awareness, friendships, and her mindset had changed. She had been lost, and felt like she did not belong anywhere. She was looking for someplace to fit in.

Some teens can relate to this. Esperanza tells the story in a great way. No one else can do the work she has done. It is her life, and by telling it she has inspired others.

"Marin, under the streetlight, dancing by herself, is singing the same song somewhere. I know she is waiting for a car to stop, a star to fall, someone to change her life." Is one of the famous quotes. This book is great for anyone looking for a book that is funny, emotional, sad, heart warming, and shocking stories. It was an enjoyable book with many great stories that are told.