The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan | Teen Ink

The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan

By @liddoabbie_ BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
@liddoabbie_ BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

like a g6 .

In the novel, The Joy Luck Club, by Amy Tan, talks about a disastrous story were she struggles to discover her heritage and find out about her American and Chinese family. The main character, Tan lost her brother and father from a brain death. She then found out her mom had a second life back in china with three lost daughters. Later in the years, Tan got married and began writing fiction stories to begin her life.

However, Amy’s mother suffered of illness; after her mom was cured they traveled together to china to reunite with her half sisters. The daughters were all moved back to America were they failed to understand the American culture. Amy point of view tells every sisters story giving detail about her mother’s background. Her mother doesn’t remember her childhood and what happened in the past but talking about china puts all the pieces together.

I really enjoyed reading The Joy Luck Club; it held my attention with all the different perspective. Even though it was hard to pin down a climax, I liked the challenge of it. She was clear about her life story and really explained how she grew into her heritage. I recommend it for any teen to read, anyone will like this book.