The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini | Teen Ink

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

By Cody Copeland BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
Cody Copeland BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

Hosseini, in his novel The Kite Runner, explores a country that is foreign to many of us. The story takes place in Afghanistan at a haunting period of time and at its lowest. It is a tale of a young boy named Amir and his friend Hassan.

The novel is a gripping tale of cruelty and redeeming love. Amir and Hassan’s love for each other is unbreakable, but there are always troubles in friendships. Both friends find themselves in a war zone that is in their own front yard. The characters have many wonderful adventures together and disturbing ones. Will Amir and Hassan remain friends in the hard times of Afghanistan?

The book has become one of my favorites. The book is heart braking, but it is a powerful story of redemption. The Kite Runner has something for every reader, for it is a love story, action packed and full of adventure. The novel is one of those stories that will always be there with the reader. My favorite quote from the book is “I ran with the wind blowing in my face, and a smile as wide as the Valley of Panjsher on my lips.”

Hosseini does a phenomenal job of creating the life of Amir and how he lives in a horrific time period. Hosseini describes the story in such detail and picture; the reader begins to see everything through Amir’s eyes. The books ending will bring you full of joy.