Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte | Teen Ink

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

March 8, 2011
By Sandyx3 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
Sandyx3 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Emily Bronte has a unique way of writing a tale of three lovers in a love triangle in her book, Wuthering Heights. If you are seeking for a challenge in reading, Wuthering Heights will meet those expectations.

Lockwood, a tenant of Thrushcross Grange, is beseeching the tale of Wuthering Heights and the families within. There, he meets Nelly Dean, a former servant at Wuthering Heights, and asks her of the events.


Here, Nelly begins telling the story from her point of view in her stay at Wuthering Heights.


Heathcliff was brought to Wuthering Heights as an abandoned child but Mr. Earnshaw. Hindley, Mr. Earnshaw’s son, despises Heathcliff because Mr. Earnshaw loves this orphan more than he loves his own son, so Hindley sought revenge once he inherited Wuthering Heights by appointing Heathcliff as his servant. But Catherine, Mr. Earnshaw’s daughter, likes Heathcliff likes him a lot which soon developed into love. Catherine, however, chose to marry Edgar Linton, From Thrushcross Grange, because of his status. From then on Heathcliff vows to get revenge.


Do you think Catherine made a wise choice? Because class status mattered, do you think Heathcliff will get his true love?