The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain

Huckleberry Finn, the protagonist, of the novel The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain, in the novel Huck is a thirteen year old boy who lives in the town of St. Petersburg. He is the son of the town drunk and is usually on his own; his best friend the, protagonist of the previous novel, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer is also thirteen and there always together, together they get into a lot of trouble.
The story begins where The Adventures of Tom Sawyer left off. Huck is living with the widow Douglas. He and Tom found some gold and they got to keep it so once Huck’s dad hears about this he comes back to town and kidnaps Huck. Huck manages to escape and makes it look like he was murdered he goes off to Jacksons island where he find that Jim Mrs. Watsons slave if hiding there.
Then the adventure begins. They go on an adventure to try and get to the Free states to make Jim a free man. Along the way they meet new people and get into lots of trouble.
I personally liked how twain uses different settings to make the reader feel different every new place they go. Twain also uses various methods of characterization to bring the character of huck to life. Through out the novel I experienced many different emotions there is comedy, suspense, serious, relaxing and many more.