The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald | Teen Ink

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

By natalieattar BRONZE, Tampa, Florida
natalieattar BRONZE, Tampa, Florida

Written by F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby is one of the greatest books I’ve truly ever read. The story takes place in the early 1900’s, about a man named Jay Gatsby who lost his true love based on his social status.
Unfortunately, during these times, marriage was based on wealth- not love. Fitzgerald creates a way to show the reader all the hardships Gatsby goes through just to try to win his love, Daisy, back to him. Nothing stands in his way, including her husband.
The narrator of the story, Nick, is Daisy’s distant cousin. Gatsby takes advantage of that. He becomes close to Nick, all because he wants to get closer to Daisy. Gatsby feels that if he can prove to Daisy that since now he’s one of the wealthiest men in town, she can be with him. Fitzgerald takes you through the lives of Gatsby, Nick, and Daisy and what Gatsby will do to get to her. The book shows incredible courage, romance, and sacrifice.
I would recommend this book to any of my friends, hoping that they feel the same way about it that I would. It keeps you involved in the story at the time, and is one of those books that you can’t seem to put down. I’ve learned one especially good lesson from this book: Money cant buy you love and happiness.