The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky | Teen Ink

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

By sarinaisamoon BRONZE, Tampa, Florida
sarinaisamoon BRONZE, Tampa, Florida

"The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of star stuff.”

If there was any book that summarized the emotions and events that teenager's face while attending high school and life in in general, it would be The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
This book is written from the viewpoint of Charlie, a freshmen in high school, as if he were writing letters to you. This makes you feel as if you were friends with him, and helps you sympathize for him as he faces the conflicts that arise with any teenager.
Charlie faces problems that we as teenagers all face; drugs, sex, love, and the quest to find out who you truly are. It takes you through the journey as he falls in love, makes new and interesting friends, deals with tragedies, and a changing life.
I really feel as if anyone could relate to this book. If you're someone that wants to relate to a normal person, that might be going through some of the same things that you are, read this book. If you are an adult that just wants to connect with your children, students, or friends again, read this book. I would highly recommend this book to anyone that feels as if they are alone in this world or to anyone that wants a great book to read.

The reason I wrote this review is because I was really surprised by how the author was able to connect to a teenager, and how he was able to portray certain things we go through during our lives.