The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan | Teen Ink

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

Percy Jackson is a twelve year old boy who has dyslexia. On his first day of summer, Percy realizes that he is a demigod, a half human, half god. Percy is taken to camp half blood in New York, a safe place for half-bloods. Percy finds out that his dad is Poseidon the sea god. He also finds out that his uncles are Zeus (the god of the sky), and Hades (the god of the underworld).

When Zeus’s master bolt is stolen, he blames Poseidon for the theft. Zeus tells Poseidon that if his master bolt isn’t brought back to Mount Olympus by the summer solstice, or else he will declare a war on Poseidon.

Percy sets out on a journey with Grover, his best friend, and Annabeth a smart demigoddess, (daughter of Athena) to retrieve Zeus’s Master Bolt. On his journey, he has to fight vicious monsters like medusa, and the hydras. They have to make their way through New York to Los Angeles, were the gates of the underworld are located.

In this modern day Greek myth, Rick Riordan wrote this book in a way that wont let you put the book down for ours on end. This book has a thrilling plot, and lots of twists and turns. I think that this book is one of the best in the world.

If you want to know what happens next, make sure you read the book, and oh yeah you wont believe who stole the Master Bolt.