Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling | Teen Ink

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling

February 10, 2011
By RyannLynn GOLD, Chehalis, Washington
RyannLynn GOLD, Chehalis, Washington
11 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Do you ever find yourself in a whole new world, suddenly not in this world any longer? That’s how I feel every time I pick up one of J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter books. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling is an excellent series. It had me hooked from the first page of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone and left me wanting more after the very last page of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
Now put yourself in Harry Potter’s shoes. Not knowing that you’re a wizard until you’re invited to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, when you turn eleven years old. Knowing that you fought off the most feared wizard in the world, Lord Voldemort, when you were only a baby. Left with no parents, just a lightening bolt shaped scar on your forehead. Knowing that, that man, Lord Voldemort, is always out to kill you. Harry Potter has been through all of that and a lot more. He grew up in a terrible home, watched friends die right in front of his face and escaped death many times. Always getting into trouble or fighting the dark forces with his best friends Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger.
This particular series is a fantastic series. That almost anyone can pick up, read and love it. It’s full of crazy vocabulary and suspense. In book one you will find out the meaning of the word muggle. As an 8th grader I know that most of us aren’t obsessed with reading. I was one of those people at the beginning of last summer. Once I picked up the book “Hunger Games” I knew that I would be addicted to reading. Now here I am addicted to this series, reading it over and over, even though I know what’s coming each time. Carrying around these two inch thick books wherever I go.
If you like magic, make believe, mysteries and hundreds of pages, then you will love the Harry Potter series as much as I do. I give this entire series a 5 out of 5 rating. These books are very descriptive and a classic favorite. Be sure that if you start the series, there is no turning back, you must finish them.


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 2 comments.


on May. 31 2011 at 8:29 pm
bookworm29 PLATINUM, Rockville, Maryland
28 articles 2 photos 61 comments
I love the Harry Potter series.

on Feb. 28 2011 at 12:33 pm
Jesse Scherer BRONZE, Centralia, Washington
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
I absolutely love you! but not this. just joshing ya! this is an extravagent piece of work. i guess. peace out girl scout!