Fullmetal Alchemist Vol.13 by Hiromu Arakawa | Teen Ink

Fullmetal Alchemist Vol.13 by Hiromu Arakawa

February 9, 2011
By Darkangel21 SILVER, Paw Paw, West Virginia
Darkangel21 SILVER, Paw Paw, West Virginia
8 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Boredom is both your friend and enemy.


Elric brother’s journey as they manage to capture the homunculus, Gluttony. Housed at a house just outside of Central City, Ed and the other argue over what the next move only to reveal Mustang’s presence to the oversized monster. Enraged Gluttony takes on a new monstrous form and quickly aims out his revenge for Lust’s death. After safely getting Mustang, Hawkeye, and the doc out of dodge Edward, Alphonse and Ling turn back to fight. Envy soon sticks his nose in and tells Gluttony not to eat The Eric’s, but for Ling it’s a different story. Ling attack Envy straight on showing how useful the dirty tactics he’s learned over years are. Envy calls out to Gluttony to shallow up the Xing prince; Ed sees this and tries to push him out of the way. Envy repeats the same to Ed, only to all be swallowed up.
As always Hiromu Arakawa pulls you into the suspenseful story right from the last. Just keeping you glue to the pages and bring in a real emotional effect on those who read it. The necessary evil of a cliffhanger leaves you were you just can’t wait for the volume. Overall the plot twists continues to make this series a great read. The characters still affect its reader in emotional ways which is what I believe this series is so great. A little confusing at first, but aren’t a lot stories. Anyway, I give this volume a 4 out 4. It’s among my favorite volumes in the series and I recommend the SERIES to manga and fantasy lovers alike.