Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin | Teen Ink

Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin

February 8, 2011
By Mike120 BRONZE, Paw Paw, West Virginia
Mike120 BRONZE, Paw Paw, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Elsewhere

Summary:
This story begins with a teenage girl named Liz who was hit by a taxi while riding her bike to the mall. She later dies of brain trauma and she awakes to find herself on a cruise ship headed for a land called Elsewhere, also known as the afterlife. In Elsewhere, everyone ages backwards until they are a baby and they are sent back to Earth. She meets a girl named Thandi, who little as she knows, will become her closest friend. When they finally arrive at Elsewhere, Liz meets up with her Grandmother Betty, who died before Liz was born due to breast cancer. She meets many people and has many adventures in Elsewhere.

Rating:
I would give this book 3 out of 4 stars. Although it was an exciting read, it seemed to be lacking my preferences and at some points I could just not relate to the book in any way. I believe that this book would be preferred by an older age group due to the slight immaturity amongst the characters. I would have liked this book more if it was lengthened because I prefer longer stories over all others.