Legacy by Cayla Kluver | Teen Ink

Legacy by Cayla Kluver

By da1sygirl SILVER, Delmar, New York
da1sygirl SILVER, Delmar, New York

"Magic is believing in yourself. If you can do that, you can do anything." -Foka Gomez

A young teenager your age, fourteen or sixteen, has quite a detailed imagination. Sitting in her high school cafeteria during a lunch period, she would be writing her drafts of chapter one or maybe chapter two. Her writing in high school became a published novel. The novel Legacy by Cayla Kluver is a fantasy book with excellent vocabulary, well-developed characters, and an intensely suspenseful plot. At first, I thought I would laugh about how an immature and young author is too inexperienced to write a good book. I was wrong on so many levels. Even teenage writers can have creative talent. This book is about the rebelliousness of a princess living in a society of kings and male warriors, and how she learns about another world. Even those who would rather read realistic fiction should deeply consider picking up this fantasy book.

Legacy is a book about two different kingdoms: Hytanica and Cockyri. These two kingdoms are opposites in every way. One of the characters (Narian), who was raised in Cockyri his whole life, comes to explore Hytanica. As this boy is adjusting to the lifestyle of Hytanica, the main character is trying to get out of a marriage. The main character, Princess Alera of Hytanica, has this deep aggression against her suitor. Although her suitor Steldor is the well-trained military official in training and is the most handsome man in the kingdom, Alera is going to try everything to get out of the marriage. Alera soon discovers another kingdom where women are well-respected and women can learn military skills. This novel was a book that I couldn’t put down. Constantly carrying the book around in my purse, this was a book that I would recommend to anyone who is ready to get lost in a good fantasy adventure.

The author was only seventeen when she got the book written and published. This is the first book in a trilogy series.

da1sygirl SILVER, Delmar, New York

Thanks! Have you submitted any work of your own?

maddiec10125 said...
maddiec10125, Glenmont, New York

"When I called you garbage I meant you were garbage "

Great Job Da1sygirl from Delmar !!! I loved the review !!

wylottie said...
on Feb. 19 2011 at 7:12 am
Well done Da1sygirl from Delmar!  Great to see you publishing your reviews!