Joey Pigza Loses Control by Jack Gantos | Teen Ink

Joey Pigza Loses Control by Jack Gantos

By Schaubie1993 BRONZE, Kewadin, Michigan
Schaubie1993 BRONZE, Kewadin, Michigan

in the toilet not on the toilet

Joey Pigza Loses Control by Jack Gantos
Joey Pigza is not your typical 12 year old boy. He is about to move in with a father he hasn’t seen since he was a baby. With his dad, his grandmother, and his dog Pablo, Joey experienced one of best summers of his life. Joey’s dad is a baseball team coach and introduced him to the sport. What started out as playing catch with his dad for fun ended up with Joey playing for his dad’s team and being the star pitcher. Joey and his dad are medicated for different reasons. His father makes a life changing decision to have both of them quit taking their medication and not say anything to Joey’s mother. It seems like this decision works out for both of them, until one of them starts to make the wrong choices.
Joey Pigza Loses Control is a story about rebuilding relationships. Jack Gantos puts you right in the story with the characters by the way he describes every detail in the story. I was able to related to this story and become a part of it as I watched the relationship between Joey and his father go from being awkward to being something extravagant.
Joey Pigza Loses Control is exciting and an easy read. I recommend this novel to anyone who loves reading about sports and families coming back together.

I like sports