The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares | Teen Ink

The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares

January 14, 2011
By Alexis Heywood BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Alexis Heywood BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants

Omg! No way! It can’t be…

The Sisterhood f the traveling pants is about 4 girls who go shopping one day and one girl tries on a pair of pants. She says she doesn’t like them. “Come on Lena they look great you have to buy them” “no way I hate them you like them so much you try them” “They don’t have my size” “Try these” Lena says pushing Bridget into the dressing room. The two girls are different shapes and sizes and somehow, the pants end up fitting Bridget. “If they fit me and Lena, Carmen you have to try them,” Bridget says while she pushes Carmen into the fitting room. They fit Carmen & Tibby too! The pants must be magical.

Here’s the Dilemma. The pants are magical who’s going to keep them. Them cant come to an agreement on who the pant belong to so. “We share them!” “Share them?” “Yeah we can rotate them. We each get a week with them and them we send them to the next BFF” “Okay that sounds about right how do you guys feel about it” “sure” all the girls said. So basically they find that the pants are magical. They can cure sickness, make a boy like or notice them but most importantly, keep true friends together. Even though the pants are magical and help keep the friends together they aren’t the only reason theses 4 girls stayed Best friends. No matter where you end up true friends will always be there for you.

My name is Alexis I am writing this because when I read this book I really enjoyed this book what they said about friendship and how they talk to each other. I could really relate to it and I wanted to encourage others to read it. One of the things I liked was how the author told the story she kept it very interesting. The only aspect of the book that I didn’t like because I found it confusing was how sometimes it was unclear what characters point of view she was writing from. There are 4 girls in the book Bridget, Lena, Carmen and Tibby. The author did a great job with the characters in this book. Each girl comes from a very different background and yet somehow they are able to share a friendship that that blends well together and they all enjoy.

This book really made me think about friendship and my friends. I enjoyed this book and I would recommend it to everyone. So again remember no matter where you end up true friends will always e there for you