"Tales From Michigan Stadium" by Jim Brandstatter | Teen Ink

"Tales From Michigan Stadium" by Jim Brandstatter

By Zach Richards BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
Zach Richards BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan

Have you ever been to Michigan Stadium, or seen a Michigan football game? Well, in Tales from Michigan Stadium, by Jim Brandstatter, you’ll get inside on some of the great Michigan games, players and coaches. This book is a powerful look at the history of Michigan football, and its tradition, along with some humor. This book tells many stories of Michigan football from Bo Schembechler, to the 1997 National Championship team, to Desmond Howard, and Jim doesn’t forget Charles Woodson. This book covers all great Michigan football stories in these non-fiction tales. He not only tells you these stories, he goes back to when he, himself, played for Michigan and all of his personal experiences.

This book is amazing. Each story makes you want to read the next. Jim Brandstatter captures the history and tradition of Michigan football. The description of each and every moment makes you feel like you were there watching it happen, even if you weren’t born at the time! I recommend this book to any Michigan fan over eleven. It really tells you what Michigan football is all about. On a scale of one through ten, ten being the highest I give this book a ten it’s a must read. Mr. Brandstatter is truly a Michigan man and a great author. It’s like you’re with him as he’s telling you all of these great stories. I honestly enjoyed reading this book.