Brain Jack by Brian Falkner | Teen Ink

Brain Jack by Brian Falkner MAG

January 13, 2011
By Mark Kanipe BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
Mark Kanipe BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Sam never imagined that one hack could lead to a national disaster. Brain Jack by Brian Falkner is the story of Sam, a teenage hacker with amazing skill. In his futuristic world, online gaming is considered as bad as drug use, and neuro-headsets allow you to control your computer with your mind. Also, Las Vegas was destroyed in a nuclear attack by unknown people in an event known only as Vegas. If any security system can be broken, what happens if someone hacks into your headset? Sam and those like him try to stop the cyberterrorists, and eventually Sam's talent gets him into trouble.

This interesting science-­fiction novel compels the reader along with excellent use of characters and a twisting plot line that ensures you don't know what's to come.

Falkner constantly adds new characters, which adds to the reading experience. I would recommend this book to most teenagers. Even those who aren't thrilled with science-­fiction might like it because it takes place in the near future and includes relatively realistic technology.

If you're looking for a good sci-fi novel, or if you like computers, this one's for you!


The author's comments:
I really enjoyed this book and it was nice to review it.