L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad <3 | Teen Ink

L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad <3

January 13, 2011
By Anonymous

L.A. Candy, by Lauren Conrad, is a teen novel about two young girls, Jane and Scarlett who move to Los Angeles to pursue their dreams of going to college. When they go out for a night on the town to celebrate, a TV producer offers them to be on a new reality show called ‘L.A. Candy.’ They would be on this show with two other girls about their age named, Madison and Gaby. Madison and Gaby were complete strangers to Jane and Scarlett. When they agreed to be on the show, they met the other two girls. After hanging out with them a few times, Scarlett had a bad feeling about Madison. Jane thought she was nice and harmless. When Jane gets caught cheating on her boyfriend, and pictures are leaked she turns to Madison. But will she turn out to be a loyal friend?

This novel was amazing. I would recommend it to any teenage girl who likes to read about friendship and boy and girl drama. What made me keep reading the book is, the tension between the girls and all of their issues. I think the author’s style is great! She made every moment dramatic and big. Also, she explained the characters personalities and looks, well. Everything was descriptive and detailed which also made you want to keep reading. L.A. Candy is my favorite book because I love the plot and detail. This book is appropriate for teenagers and up.